As a condition of using this website, you agree to comply with and be subject to all of the following terms and conditions of use.
We (Promis Network Pty Ltd) run a bill management platform called Promis.co and would love for you to use it. Promis.co’s basic service is free, and we offer paid upgrades for advanced features such as storing your history and syncing larger volumes of bills into your accounting system. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over your data as possible. For that, we ask you to play fair and use the service responsibly.
When joining Promis Network Pty Ltd (Promis) via the website, you confirm that all the details that you have provided are true and correct. If you choose to connect an accounting system to Promis, we will access the following data:
- Entity details (including Name, ABN, address, phone and user details including details on how to pay you – e.g. for Australia BSB and Account number). We use this to update the contact details that are stored in your client and supplier accounting systems when you interact with them. You can review and edit these details within Promis and any changes will automatically be updated in any of your contacts’ accounting systems when you interact with them by sending or receiving an invoice, if they have opted into that feature.
- Chart of accounts and tax rates. We use these as choices for your own expense accounts, bank accounts and tax settings when syncing your own invoices and payments.
- Contacts (incl. Name, ABN, contact and address details) to facilitate the matching of your invoices to clients.
Upon your specific and separate authority (during the setup process):
- Invoices and credit notes you create to your clients (in the initial setup, all invoices that have an amount due; then only new and changed invoices). We send the details to your clients (incl. line descriptions, unit amounts, quantities, discounts, invoice numbers, date and due date and a pdf if available), but never details about your income accounts, purchase item codes or specific tax settings.
- Payments and credit note allocations to update the Promis app with the changes you make in your accounting system.
- Payments that your clients make through your merchant gateway when connected to Promis will be booked into a specific merchant holding account in your accounting system.
- Cash transfers from your merchant holding account to your specified bank account will also be booked into your accounting system, if you connect your merchant provider to Promis
When you choose to sync incoming supplier bills with your accounting system, or pay a bill through Promis, we may push the following data into your accounting system (if authorised).
- Contacts (including name, ABN, contact and payment details) are updated where we can find a match, otherwise a new contact will be created within your accounting system.
- Bills and credit notes you accept or pay within Promis. It includes the details as above, but we add your own (expense) account and tax rate details.
- Payments made through one of the connected payment gateways. For future dated transactions, we sync the payments immediately, but might delete them if the payment fails later-on.
Data Never Accessed
Promis will not access any of your financial reports in your accounting system. Neither our software, nor our team members have access to details about your or your business’ financial position.
Promis offers the ability to receive payments from your clients and automate the payments to your suppliers. We allow you to connect your own merchant services (or set up a new account). When you do that, you enter into a separate contract with the merchant provider and agree to their Terms & Conditions and fees.
The list of possible merchant services will expand, currently it includes:
Promis offers a free version that allows sending and receiving of invoices. We may change how many invoices are included in the free version. Please check Pricing for details on what the free service includes and what additional benefits the paid services offer.
All pricing on our website are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include goods and services tax (GST) where applicable. Prices are subject to change without notice.
If you do not agree with any of our Terms of Service, you may terminate our Service and delete your account. We may still keep some of your details in our database to the extent that they have been shared with your contacts and they choose to keep this data.
If your conduct is not in the spirit of a fair and trustworthy relationship, we have the right to terminate our relationship at a 30 days notice. If your conduct or use of the Service endangers Promis or other users, we will remove your access instantly.
Refunds and Cancellations
We want you to enjoy Promis. If we cannot deliver a service to your satisfaction you are entitled to a full pro-rata refund for up to 30 days. No additional refunds are available.
Our services are provided in good faith and Promis does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the services provided, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
The contents of the website and other Promis written communications do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision.
To the extent permitted by law, Promis hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of our services, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using these services.
Promis may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of our Website or Service will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms.
This Agreement does not transfer from Promis to you any Promis or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Promis. The Promis logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Promis or Promis’ licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Promis or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Promis and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Promis, or by the posting by Promis of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of the state of Queensland, Australia, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the National Mediator Accreditation System (NMAS) Standards by a registered arbitrator (accredited by one of the Recognised Mediator Accreditation Bodies (RMABs)). The arbitration shall take place in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Promis may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
(We’ve made the above Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to repurpose it for your own use – we used the wordpress.com version as our basis. Just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you, and if you don’t mind we’d appreciate a link to Promis.co somewhere on your website.)